First let’s start with our customer service philosophy. We’ll always do our best to make sure you’re happy with your purchase and we’ll always do our best to make things right if there are issues, within reason. Please read the following policies so you’ll know what to expect should you have an issue.
Returns are accepted within 30 days pursuant to the following conditions:
- Item must be in new condition with original packaging
- You must have a sales receipt *
- Refund method is left to our discretion (cash, card, store credit, gift card or check)
- General stock items are subject to a 5% restocking fee if original payment method was via debit/credit card
- Special order items are subject to up to a 50% restocking fee
- Bicycles and standard electric conversion kits are subject to a 20% restocking fee
- All or part of the restocking fee may be waived if you elect to take a store credit instead of a refund **
- Gift cards cannot be returned
- Items purchased with a gift card will be refunded to the gift card less any applicable restocking fees
* original copy of bank or credit card statement showing a charge from The Bicycle Cellar is proof of purchase (or you may show us the online banking record on your cellphone), must be validated by general manager.
** at employee’s discretion
Returns are NOT accepted on the following items:
- Labor / services / rentals
- Consumables such as batteries, snacks, drinks, energy bars, etc
- Items that show wear or abuse
- Worn clothing including gloves, hats, etc
- Used parts or closeout items
- Any employee of The Bicycle Cellar can refuse a return at their discretion until manager approval is obtained.
These limitations do not apply to defective items or items eligible for warranty. All warranties are pursuant to the respective manufacturer’s policies.
Warranties are honored pursuant to manufacturer policies and the following conditions:
- You are required to provide proof of purchase and purchase date.
- We do not warranty items that are customer supplied. For example if you bring us a new wheel to install we’ll warranty the labor but not your wheel.
- We will objectively evaluate warranty issues and contact the manufacturer on your behalf. It is up to the manufacturer to honor their warranty based on the information we provide them. We’re on your side, within reason.
- Manufacturer warranties generally only apply to normal use. Any abuse or crash damage is generally not covered.
- In most cases other than bicycles we’ll replace the item on the spot if we believe the item to be defective and we’ll contact the manufacturer later so you don’t have to wait on them. This does not apply to special ordered items or items which we normally don’t stock.
Bicycle Cellar Warranties:
- New bicycles have a manufacturer’s warranty (typically 1 year on components). Frame and fork warranty varies with brand. Warranty does not apply to flats, crashes, drivetrain wear, abuse or user error.
- Used bicycles have a 30 day warranty that covers everything except for flats, crashes, drivetrain wear, abuse or user error.
- Labor / Service has a 30 day warranty except in the following cases there is no warranty:
- If a new crank arm comes loose and is damaged and the customer declined a bottom bracket replacement, we do not warranty the crank arm nor the labor.
- If we recommend a repair/replacement and the customer declines, any labor performed on said components are not warrantied.
- Labor performed on the original equipment of department store bikes (those from Wal-mart, Target, etc) is not warrantied due to the sub par nature of the original equipment components.
- Warranty claims must be made in person with the bicycle in question. If we cannot inspect the bicycle we cannot warranty the labor. No exceptions.
- There is NO WARRANTY on used parts.
Bicycle Rental Policies:
- For each paying party, a state or federal issued PHOTO ID and valid credit/debit (with credit card logo) card is MANDATORY. We will make a copy of your ID and put your credit card on file. If you’re concerned about identity theft, you can request the copy of your ID when you return the bicycle at the end of your rental.
- Minors must have a parent or guardian sign our rental agreement and must wear a helmet pursuant to Arizona State Laws.
- If you do not return the bicycle and we call and email you and you don’t respond within 24 hours we will report the bicycle as stolen.
- We do not provide partial refunds on rentals that are returned early. Please choose the appropriate rental period at the time of rental, especially during summer.
- Additional requirements and policies are defined in our Bicycle Rental Agreement [PDF].
General / Misc. Policies
- No customer, under any circumstance, may work on their own bicycle inside the shop. The only exception is we allow customers to inflate their tires using our pump.
- The Bicycle Cellar does not loan tools. We have a bicycle pump available for use by customers. If you have a loose screw or bolt, we’ll generally tighten it for free.
- Closeout items and bicycles may have minor defects and blemishes.
- In the event of an electric kit return, if the customer wishes their bicycle returned to original operating condition a labor charge of $100 applies.